This Post is just a general security related guide and is not to be intended, in any way, to damage the image of any of these places or the people who live there.
Like in any other place you might go there are certain places where security is something to take into account. Lisbon is not a unsafe place but there are some places where its not advisable to go, even while accompanied, and others you have to be specially careful.
This information should similarly be taken into account in your search for vacations accommodation, though the offer may sound cheap you will eventually leave the place or miss some of your belongings.
For your own safety and security, avoid the following places:
- Intendente – Though the room offer might sound cheap, try and find some other place, this is not a particular safe place to be or to go even at day light.
- Casal Ventoso – Avoid this place day or night.
- Chelas – Avoid this place day or night.
- Monsanto – Avoid this park at night, there should be no problem for you to visit it at daylight.
- Parque Eduardo VII – Avoid this park at night, there should be no problem for you to visit it at daylight.
Not to avoid but take the sensible precautions:
- Martin Moniz – Take the normal precautions while in day light avoid it at night hours.
Also be aware of these tricks as a safety measure.
In case of any emergency call:
- General Emergency number on the: 112 (free call)
- Lisbon Police Department (Comando Metropolitano de Lisboa) on the: 21 765 42 42
- Lisbon Police Department (Tourism Department) on the: 21 342 16 23